PUBLIC Bikes is celebrating its Santa Monica store opening with its first (of many) monthly “Go PUBLIC” bike rides. Invite your friends on Facebook.
This inaugural first ride is going to be sweet (pun intended)!
We’ll meet at the PUBLIC Bikes store at 2714 Main Street in Santa Monica at 11am, then make our way through Main Street into downtown Santa Monica.
Our destination: the delicious and infectious Sidecar Doughnuts.
Your first doughnut and coffee is on us for the first 24 people who show up on the ride who also RSVP on Eventbrite. You must register using the ticket link above to qualify for the free doughnut and coffee. And if you’re not one of the first 24 registered riders, please still show up and enjoy the ride!
This is a BYOB (Bring Your Own BIKE) event. The casual round trip bike ride is ~4 miles. We’ll be riding on streets with traffic as a group.
This is a casual bike ride. You don’t need to be a PUBLIC customer or ride PUBLIC bikes. This is open to anyone who shares our passion for bicycles and doughnuts.
UPCOMING COMMUNITY EVENTS
We have some other fun things planned for the Spring and Summer as well.
- Earth Day volunteer ride to give back to the community.
- In May, we will inaugurate The PUBLIC GOOD, a series of co-branded content series with GOOD which will feature prominent figureheads within the design, art and cycling community to discuss urbanist, sustainable topics.
- During the month of May, we are partnering with LA Metro to promote Bike Month by hosting a Bike to Work Day Pit Stop and to co-sponsor an event with a local non-profit.
- In June, PUBLIC will take part in Santa Monica’s first ever “open streets” event to celebrate the sustainable community.
- Each month something new and exciting will be happening at our PUBLIC Santa Monica shop – in-store “pop-ups” featuring local artists, designers and businesses, along with classes, programs and partnerships. Our goal is to make the PUBLIC Santa Monica store a community hub where people come to live, learn and ride. Sign up for our e-mail list below for more details and updates.